Friday, 9 November 2012

The Young Apprentice

The idea for this blog came around immediately after watching 'The Young Apprentice'. So deal with it.

I like the show, really, I do; watching Nick Hewer's face as someone misspells a word on a magazine cover or seeing Lord Sugar slate the youngest kid for wearing his tie in an offensive manner really are highlights of my sad excuse of a weekly routine.

A hell of a lot of these children that go on the show are examples of what would happen if Alan Titchmarsh and Donald Trump somehow managed to do the nasty and spawn a really annoying love child that you just want to throw nightmares and gone-off beef at. The day we get to watch a generic English teenager (by this I mean, someone that drinks at parties and wears the same jeans for 4 days straight) try and fleece Lord Sugar out of a couple of grand, I for one, will be jubilant and might even go to the nearest bar and try a martini. M3nt4l.

It's the arguments that annoy me. Petty arguments. The blame game. It's irratating to know that maybe one day, these kids will be in charge of major corporations controlling our lives before, inevitably, machines rise up against us. The prospect of my washing machine and toaster making me eat the crisps that have been in the cupboard for 2 years too many, is frankly a nicer thought than having that Amy girl sell me something she produced. (Nothing personal... Just take it on the chin)

In fact, what they could do is, whenever one of them utters something known as 'business cliche' or steps outside of the social line, force them to drink that horrible guava rubicon drink. Ya know, nothing TOO bad that would be considered harsh or illegal... Then slap them.   

I don't even know why I'm having a go at the show, I actually love watching it. I just felt the need to let people know how it could be improved, allowing the BBC to garner more income so they can commission another series of 'Shooting Stars'.

I'm not angry, it's just a front. I'll only write about something if it annoys me to the point I feel the need to write about it. write.

No comments:

Post a Comment